What is Couples Counseling?
Half of all committed relationships fail within the first seven years. Couples Counseling can restore communication, trust, and intimacy. No one is born with excellent relationship skills. If you’re fortunate to have grown up in a family highly skilled in communication, conflict resolution, and trust building, you had good role models. For most of us, relationship skills need to be learned. While most relationships start off strong, often the relationship is taken for granted over time. The most common reasons couples come to counseling include:
- Improved Communication Skills
- Increased emotional and physical intimacy
- Conflict Resolution
- Overcoming Adultery
- Building trust
- Gaining a better understanding of your partners needs
- Prevention of separation or divorce
- Unequal distribution of household workload
- Issues surrounding co-parenting
- Re-establishing passion in their relationship
- Identifying problematic behavior patterns in the relationship
It is important to understand that in couple’s therapy, I will not “take or place blame, but will help to explore what might be helpful and harmful within the dynamics of the relationship.